Senior QA Analyst
- Oaks, PA
- Cleveland, OH
- Baltimore, MD
- Richmond, VA
- Dayton, OH
- Marshall, MI
Remedi SeniorCare is seeking a highly-qualified Senior QA Analyst to assist with the software quality assurance efforts for Remedi SeniorCare. Remedi SeniorCare provides pharmacy services and technologies to skilled nursing, assisted living and continuing care retirement communities.
The ideal candidate will be hands-on and have experience testing web portal and client applications. Experience with HL7 message testing is preferred. The candidate would ideally have a background in testing EMR/EHR integration efforts. Experience with backend testing using SQL commands and queries is also preferred.
The position also requires foundational automated testing experience using either licensed or open-source test automation tools.
We utilize the latest technologies from Microsoft for our application framework and database technologies. Our applications are both thick-client and web-based. Our messaging standards use the HL7 protocol which is used to transfer ADT and order information between our products and 3rd-party systems.
Quality Assurance Manager
Summary of Functions & Responsibilities
- Works closely with other members of the QA team and development team throughout the software development process.
- Interfaces with customers/users/domain experts. Strives for establishing a high-level of trust & credibility with these resources, and recognizes that our products must bring value to them. Strives to perfect the communication skills necessary to best achieve this goal.
- Creates project resource estimates, defines metrics to track current status and estimates to completion.
- Interprets and understands the system requirements provided for new and existing applications.
- Writes test scenarios, test cases, test strategies and test plans that are used to verify the successful implementation of system requirements.
- Identifies issue trends, adjusts test plans and strategies accordingly, and effectively communicates changes to team members and other stakeholders.
- Reviews product documentation related to features to verify that the product documentation accurately reflects current product functionality in the production environment.
- Provides production support for issues identified by the user community. Attempts to reproduce reported issues in test environments and logs any verified issues in the defect-tracking system.
- Validates successful communication between supported EHR systems and our internal pharmacy systems.
- Automates manual test cases using test automation tools. Executes automated tests and reports results. Assists in maintenance of automated test suite.
- Performs verifications via application front-end and calls to their associated databases.
Skills & Experience Required
- BS in computer science or equivalent required (i.e. 7 years of QA experience).
- Minimum of 5 years experience in process-driven formal testing environments.
- Ability to focus on multiple overlapping projects and associated testing tasks.
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on dynamic changes to business needs.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the following types of testing: Smoke/Sanity, Functional, Functional Regression, Defect Regression, Integration, End-to-end, Ad-Hoc/Exploratory, Black/White/Grey Box. Experience with Performance Testing is a plus.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance/software testing best-practices.
- A commitment to deliver quality products to users and stakeholders.
- A passion for quality assurance, continually strives to expand skill sets and improve/streamline processes.
- Software Testing/Quality Assurance certification is a plus.
- Foundational test automation experience using licensed or open-source test automation tools (designing, executing, maintaining automated tests. Reporting test results.)
- Experience with scripting languages and/or coding (VBScript, Ruby, C#, Java, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience using open-source automation frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with user acceptance testing planning as well as providing support to end-users during the UAT phase.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently when required.
- Ability to work closely with key stakeholders to identify/report problems, analyze/isolate root cause and propose solutions.
- Ability to mentor junior-level resources and provide QA insight to project management, business analysts and developers.
- Experience with relational data models and ability to write SQL queries.
- Experience analyzing use cases & user stories to design effective test cases and their associated test data sets.
- Experience with industry-standard test management and defect-tracking tools.
- Ability to track test coverage and report testing status & metrics.
- Excellent analytical skills and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team development skills.
- Knowledge of and operational experience in a health care related field a plus.
- Experience with Target Process Agile project management software is a plus.